About the course
Malware forensics deals with the analysis of malware such as viruses or trojans to find their objective, code and the source from which they originated. Malware analysis enables us to find the target of the malware and why it was produced. It gives the necessary information about the techniques the malware uses to camouflage itself from antivirus software which helps in updating antivirus databases to quarantine the particular malware before it affects a system.
Essential InfoSec’s malware forensics program trains the students in the following analysis stages:
- Detecting the source of the malware
- Analysing the properties of the malware
- Determining malware behaviour pattern
- Reverse engineering the malware
The ultimate goal of any malware is to compromise the target system and gain access to sensitive information. The significant loss of data which results from a malware infection can cause extensive damages which compromises the security of the user. It is essential to always keep looking for new threats which enables security companies to keep their databases up to date and protect users worldwide.
What skills will a student acquire after taking this course?
Essential InfoSec’s comprehensive malware forensics program will train students how a malware is built and how it functions. The sophisticated code which goes into making a malicious program will be extensively explained and skills gained upon completion of the course will help the student in:
- Create disk images to preserve the data
- Analyse file systems and how it gets affected by malware
- Investigate the root cause of the infestation and how to prevent future exposure
Each student enrolled will get:
- Weekends and weekdays training
- Classroom and online training
- 3 years membership
- 90% practical and 10% theoretical
- 500 GB toolkit
- Practical lab online and offline
- Extra classes/backup classes
- Guaranteed placement