With our Source Code Review services, Essential InfoSec discovers the hidden design flaws, vulnerabilities, as well as verifies whether the key controls for security have been implemented perfectly. Our team uses the segregated combination of manual review and scanning tools for detection of insecure codes, injection flaws, backdoors, insecure external resource handling, detection of scripting flaws across the site, and confirmation of any weak cryptography variant.
How to know if your Source Code quality is poor?
While bad codes can definitely alter the way you work with any application or service, it can be a bit tough when it comes to the separating the right source code from the ones that are of poor quality.
Here are some of the ways to detect a poor quality code:
- Testing efforts needs are pretty significant
- Application becomes unreliable with consistent crashes with no deemed reasons
- Longer cycles for regression process
- Slow running applications with poor performance leading to decrease in usability
- Programmer-dependent code components
- Unexplained leakage of memory
- Security holes
Our Review Process for Source Codes:
- Preparation: The first and foremost step to righteous review of the security code is through the intensive study of application followed through creation of comprehensive profile for the detected threat.
- Analysis: Our in-house experts study overall code layout for development of specific code reviewing plan. We use hybrid approaches where the automated scans can be verified. We also use the manual and customized review methods to ensure in-depth analysis.
- Solutions: Once we have analyzed the codes, the following step for review of security code is the verification of existing flaws with generation of reports with proper solutions.
- Report Preparation: Essential InfoSec adapts the results from automated as well as manual code analysis to compile the best consolidated report which details all the vulnerabilities that are uncovered during testing processes. We also devise recommendations and security levels that outline the best ways to remediate every vulnerability and its identification process.
Why Source Code Review by Essential InfoSec?
- Faster Analysis: We help with easy detection of flaws in the code via deep-end analysis. We also ensure that you do not need to send the test data for the software as the complete code base for the application is readily available.
- Thorough Analysis: We also evaluate the complete code layout for the application which is inclusive of areas that might not be analyzed during the security test for applications like input entry points, internal integrations & interfaces, data handling/validation logic, as well as use of the external frameworks/APIs.
- Overcome the Testing Limitations: Essential InfoSec also uncovers the vulnerabilities & detects the attack surfaces usually missed by the automated scans. With our automated scanning method for codes, we help detect the weak algorithms, locate insecure configurations, identification of design flaws, as well as detection of the insecure variant of coding practices.
- Reports Creation: We also produce the review reports for security code that includes executive summary which lists all the weaknesses and strengths with detailed findings inclusive of precise code dependent fixes and solutions.
- Provision of Solutions: We also secure the sensitive data and suggest the precise solutions for catering the developers with suggestions at the code level. This includes highly exhaustive checks that locate variable instances of the common vulnerabilities.
- Adherence to Compliance Standards: At Essential InfoSec, we follow all required protocols for satisfactory industry regulations & compliance standards that are inclusive of OWASP & SCAT standards.